Gosh, today is the thanksgiving feast at work and I’m super super happy because I’m going to Tahiti next week and so our family is kind of skipping Thanksgiving this year. So today I will get my share of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy at the office party. Since I’m flying to Tahiti tomorrow I decided not to stress myself out before I leave by baking anything. so unfortunately I BOUGHT a pie for the thanksgiving feast at work. oh the horror. lol.. jk.. store bought goodies are good too.. but I just find baking my own to be more special, fun and yummier. In fact I’ve already given Gojira warning well in advance that next year when he comes it’s okay if he doesn’t want to eat my baked goodies but he is required to take them into his workplace for his colleagues to enjoy :) heheh..
It seems with Thankgiving around the corner Christmas is fast approaching. I mean on my way into work I can already see the signs for tree farms where you can go and cut down your own Christmas tree. Seeing those signs make me smile because next year I will get to go to one of them with Gojira to cut down our very first Christmas tree together. I can’t wait to do all those Christmasy things.
But let me get back to my point of this post. With Thanksgiving practically here this holiday also makes me think of the future and how it will be when I one day have little Gojiras and little me’s running around to celebrate this special time of year.
There are no other holidays like Thankgiving and Christmas to give such a warm cozy fuzzy feeling inside. I couldn’t help but sigh with delight as I found these cute things I could one day incorporate in my thanksgiving celebrations. I could so picture doing these little crafts and baking projects with my kids and decorating the thanksgiving table with cute stuff like this.
(the gold pumpkins are actually more halloween but I couldn’t resist sharing the creativity!!)
Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks for the blessings we each have in our lives. So here is a list of what I’m thankful for this year….
- I’m thankful for Gojira who is in my life and wants to make a life with me.
- I am thankful that he is my best friend and helps me become a better person and makes my life so fulfilling.
- I’m thankful I finally came back to the US and I’ve got a plan for my life and my future.
- I’m thankful for Gojira’s family who have all been so kind and sweet to me.
- I’m thankful for my family who has been supportive and helped me adjust back into the groove of things after I moved back to the US.
- I’m thankful that I only have a month more left to wait for the results of the petition filed for Gojira’s visa.
- I’m thankful I have a job in my field of SEO and lets me save up for the future I envision for myself and the life I will have with Gojira.
- I’m thankful I have been able to overcome most of the difficulties and problems of my past and be able to move on and find my happiness.
And last but not least…
- I am thankful for God and Our Lady of Perpetual Help who has watched over me and guided me through my darkest hours.
I will post again when I’m back from Tahiti on the 27th… till then miss me :) This light is turned off…